College Consulting Services
- Planning for the Future
We further realize that parents have other financial goals besides a college education for their children. Balancing retirement objectives against educational objectives is an important part of our practice.
In short, College4Less will hold your hand throughout the years of your student's college years. We want to help put you in a position where you can look your Son or Daughter in the eyes once they get their Award Letter and be able to say to them, "Yes, you can go to the college of your dreams!".
Services We Provide
- Analyze your financial situation
- Provide recommendations to legally reduce your EFC whenever possible
- Show you the best way to pay your out-of-pocket share
- Proprietary SAT/ACT prep courses
- Scholarship eligibility report
- Application review
- Essay review
- Complete FAFSA, Profile & other college required forms
- Career profile
- College search
- Direct award negotiations
How You Benefit
- Help increase student testing scores.
- Assure important areas such as Communnity Service aren't overlooked.
- Identify each student's strengths and weaknesses that can be channeled into career paths that will allow them the greatest opportunity for success.
- Investigate colleges that meet each student's criteria and determine which one of those will provide the most funding.
- Critique college applications and essays before submission.
- Complete necessary college forms such as the FASFSA and College Profile.
- Provide a personalized scholarship eligibility report.
College Funding Strategies
Calculating Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
So that you know in advance what the schools will be looking at from you financially. We'll also be able to see if there are any planning strategies you can take advantage of to lower EFC.
Providing Planning Recommendations to Reduce EFC
We will take advantage of every strategy available to make your EFC as low as legally possible. We will detail out step-by-step what needs to be done to get that EFC to the absolute lowest number possible for your situation. Even the smallest change that we make could potentially save you thousands of dollars per year.
Providing Recommendations for the Best Way to Pay Your Share of College Costs
We will develop a plan on how you're going to pay your out-of-pocket costs. Even if we can considerably lower your EFC, you still may have a substantial out-of-pocket cost. Depending on "how" you pay that cost can mean thousands of unnecessary interest, fees, and overpaid tax dollars. Also, if you're not careful, and you keep taking loan after loan after loan, you might find yourself in an extremely difficult cash crunch situation. Figuring our "how" you're going to pay for college is one of the key aspects of our planning.